9 – 13 Dec, 1 – 5 Apr, 16 – 20 Sep, 21 – 25 Jan, 12 – 16 Aug 2019
Holiday Inn Express Hotel 1 Priddys Yard Croydon CR0 1TS
A critical training for all HR professionals, this workshop provides participants with an understanding of what job analysis is, when to conduct a job analysis, why a job analysis is conducted, and how a job analysis can be used. Next, the trainers, two Federal Industrial/Organizational Psychologists, discuss each of the steps taken to perform a job analysis including: gathering information, writing task statements, writing competency definitions, using rating scales and cut-off criteria to identify critical tasks and competencies, completing task-competency linkages, and documenting the process. At each step, participants have the opportunity to apply best practices and sharpen their skills with hands-on exercises. Instructors also share personal experiences and best practices with participants and encourage participants to discuss their own experiences. Job analysis is the foundation for all HR activities. This workshop will offer a job analysis model that participants can tailor to meet their agency’s HR needs.
Who should attend
Human Resources professionals working in compensation who need to improve their skills in this field. The program is also suitable for professionals working in other areas of Human Resources who wish to acquire an intimate knowledge of the job analysis and job description writing processes.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of job descriptions in the wider context of Human Resources.
- Conduct a job analysis to obtain information for the preparation of job descriptions and other purposes.
- Write job descriptions to cover the wider requirements of Human Resources.
- Explain competencies in terms of what they are and how they are used.
- Write competency-based job descriptions.
This course can also be taken in
Accra: 4 – 8 Nov, 25 Feb – 1 Mar, 3 – 7 Jun, 5 – 9 Aug, 14 – 18 Oct 2019
Dubai: 14 – 18 Jan, 11 -15 Feb, 11 -15 Mar, 13 – 17 May, 15 – 19 Jul 2019
Texas: on request
- Job analysis techniques
- How to prepare comprehensive job descriptions for all levels of jobs
- How to capture the nature of a job and link it to organisational goals
- How to determine accountabilities
- How to identify recruitment and development parameters
Book this course
please send us your details & someone from our team will get back to you