Kidnap & Ransom Management
16 – 20 Jan, 24 – 28 April, 31July – 04 August, 30 Oct – 03 Nov 2023
The Business Xchange Hub, Marco Polo House
3-5 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2BX United Kingdom
This unique participatory course is designed to provide the skills to act effectively in the event of a Kidnap and Ransom. This course focuses on the corporate world and the roles and responsibilities of the response team.
This course will provide a high level of practical skills and theoretical knowledge which are needed to act confidently, objectively and effectively when protecting the physical integrity of staff or company assets, if threatened by a kidnap or commercial extortion-related incident.
Aided by the use of scenarios, this course enables learners to explore and understand the duty of care and responsibilities, including primacy and legal considerations; crisis response and management as it relates to Kidnap and Ransom; communication, including victim and offender contact, negotiation skills, external and internal messaging.
The skills taught will transcend not just kidnapping or commercial extortion; learners will also explore the fundamentals of crisis management planning.
This course is delivered by renowned specialists in this field and numbers will be strictly limited to allow learners to gain maximum benefit from this course.
• Understand the role of the leader in the strategic planning process
• Identify the importance and practice the skills of visionary and inspirational leadership
• Streamline process, structure and strategy to support attainment of business objectives
• Analyze and critically assess business / organizational performance
• Decision making enhancement to support strategic planning and its implantation
Who should attend
This highly participatory programme is aimed at security directors and managers, risk directors and managers, H&S directors and managers, human resources directors and anybody who has staff who face this risk.
This course can also be taken in
Accra: 09 – 13 Jan, 03 – 07 April, 17 – 21 July, 16 – 20 Oct 2023
Dubai: 23 – 27 Jan, 27 Mar – 31March, 19 – 23 June, 28 Aug – 01 Sept 2023
Texas: On Request
- Background to Kidnap and Ransom
- Current Global Trends
- Risk and Threat Identification and Mitigation
- Organisational Responsibility and Preparedness
- Duty of Care Considerations
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management
- Primacy and Structure
- Roles of Departments
- Roles of Other Companies
- Roles of State and Local Law Enforcement
- Communication Strategy
- Victim/Hostage Takers
- Social Media etc
- Negotiation Structure and Process
- Managing a Negotiated Solution
- Post Incident Issues
Book this course
please send us your details & someone from our team will get back to you