20 – 24 Feb, 29 May – 02 June, 11 – 15 Sept, 20 – 24 Nov 2023
The Business Xchange Hub, Marco Polo House 3-5 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2BX United Kingdom
Essential Interviewing Skills will help you gain the specialist knowledge and practical skills to prepare for and undertake different types of interviews. The interactive role-plays and group discussions will help you use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information from any interview. The key focus of this course is on recruitment interviews however the course extends to cover disciplinary interviewing as well as touching on exit interviews, getting the best out of appraisal meetings and support-type discussions with employees.
Who should attend
Essential Interviewing Skills is suitable for HR or line managers responsible for conducting interviews.
This course can also be taken in
Accra: 13 – 17 Feb, 29 May – 02 June, 28 Aug – 01 Sept, 20 – 24 Nov 2023
Dubai: 13 – 17Feb, 08 – 12 May, 10 – 14 July, 18 – 22 Sept 2023
Texas: on request
By the end of Essential Interviewing Skills, you will be able to:
- undertake structured preparation for different interview situations
- use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information, interpret information, and make decisions
- plan and conduct a range of interviews: recruitment selection, appraisal, counselling, disciplinary and exit.
- Key skills
- listening, summarising, using hit words
- questioning and probing
- non-verbal communication
- Recruitment interviewing
- job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing interview structure and questions
- assessing evidence and decision-taking
- Disciplinary interviewing
- the investigation interview
- the disciplinary hearing
- return-to-work interviews
- Exit interviewing
- Counselling interviewing
- helping employees with work and non-work related problems
- Appraisal interviewing
giving and receiving feedback.
Book this course
please send us your details & someone from our team will get back to you